Operating the Machine
REMOVE ROCK DRILL
1. Operate excavator and position rock drill with legs on
2. Clean and disconnect three hydraulic hoses, one air
hose, one grease hose, and one electrical cable from
left and right sides of excavator arm. Cap and plug
grease systems. Close cover over electrical connector.
(See Using Quick-Coupler Type Attachments in this
3. Install plug and cap on quick-disconnect fittings on
NOTE: See Quick-Disconnect Attachment Removal in this
chapter for additional information when performing
steps 4 through 7.
4. Manually place lock pin in unlocked position.
5. Set quick-disconnect hitch switch in cab to unlatch
6. Extend bucket cylinder slowly but do not extend bucket
cylinder too far and cause rock drill to move. This will
activate the wedge bar to the open position.
Continued on next page