Camshaft, Balancer Shafts and Timing Gear Train
4. Support camshaft under first bearing journal in a
5. Heat gear to 66--93C (140--160F) before pressing
onto shaft to prevent metal transfer.
6. Apply LOCTITE 271 Thread Lock and Sealer to
7. Install Woodruff key in camshaft nose.
8. Install gear with timing mark (A) away from camshaft
(towards front timing gear cover). Press gear onto
camshaft with a tubular driver until gear bottoms
against camshaft shoulder.
LOCTITE is a trademark of Loctite Corp.