14. Connect fuel shut-off cable and speed control linkage,
if equipped. Install and securely tighten electrical
connections to shut-off solenoid and throttle
positioning solenoid, if equipped. Connect cold start
switch, if equipped.
15. Bleed air from fuel system as outlined in Group 115.
Start engine, run for several minutes and check entire
fuel system for leaks.
NOTE: The injection pump serial number tag (bold arrow)
is located on the bottom of the pump.
IMPORTANT: Never steam clean or pour cold water
on a fuel injection pump while the pump
is running or while it is warm. Doing so
may cause seizure of internal rotating
1. Clean the fuel injection pump, lines and area around
the pump with cleaning solvent or a steam cleaner.
2. Disconnect shut-off cable and speed control linkage, if
equipped. Disconnect electrical connection to shut-off
solenoid or throttle positioning solenoid, if equipped.
Disconnect cold start switch, if equipped. Tag electrical
wires for correct reassembly.
IMPORTANT: ALWAYS use a backup wrench when
loosening or tightening fuel lines at
injection pump so that discharge
fittings are not altered to prevent
possible internal pump damage.
A--Fuel Return Line
3. Disconnect fuel return line (A), fuel supply line (C) and
B--Fuel Delivery (Pressure) Lines
aneroid line (D).
C--Fuel Supply Line
4. Disconnect all fuel delivery (pressure) lines (B) from
injection pump using a suitable 17 mm deep-well
Continued on next page