Fuel System Operation and Tests
5. Use JDE81-4 Timing Pin in flywheel timing hole (D) to
ensure engine is NOT stopped at TDC. Magnetic
pick-up probe will enter TDC timing hole in flywheel
and be damaged when engine is started. An air gap of
0.64 mm (0.025 in.) is recommended between tip of
probe and flywheel face.
6. Install JDG793 Threaded Magnetic Pick-up Adapter (B)
into flywheel housings with tapped hole until it bottoms.
Insert probe of magnetic pickup (A) into adapter until it
contacts flywheel. Back out hex head of adapter two
flats and tighten lock nut; this will provide
recommended air gap.
B--JDG793 Threaded Magnetic Pick-Up Adapter
7. Install JDG821 Tapered Magnetic Pick-up Adapter (C)
C--JDG821 Tapered Magnetic Pick-Up Adapter
into flywheel housings without tapped hole. Lightly tap
D--Flywheel Timing Hole
adapter to lock into position. Insert probe into adapter
until it contacts the flywheel. Pull probe back out to
provide 0.64 mm (0.025 in.) gap.
8. Plug magnetic pick-up connector into JT07170 meter
port marked MP.
CHECK ROTARY INJECTION PUMP RATED LOAD
1. Engine OFF. Push ON/CLEAR button.
Display shows: R=0
Continued on next page