Air Intake and Exhaust System
REMOVE, INSPECT, AND INSTALL EXHAUST
1. Remove turbocharger (A) from exhaust manifold. (See
REMOVE TURBOCHARGER, earlier in this group.)
2. Remove cap screws and remove rear exhaust manifold
(B) and front exhaust manifold (C). Remove manifold
gaskets and discard.
3. Remove and discard front-to-rear exhaust manifold
sealing ring (D).
4. Remove all residue and gasket material from gasket
Removing Exhaust Manifold
5. Thoroughly clean passages in exhaust manifold and
6. Inspect each exhaust manifold for cracks or damage.
Inspect machined mounting surfaces for burrs or other
defects which might prevent gaskets from sealing
properly. Replace parts as needed.
7. To install exhaust manifold, reverse removal procedure
and use new gaskets.
NOTE: Exhaust manifold cap screws are stainless steel; it
is not necessary to use an anti-seize compound
during exhaust manifold installation.
B--Rear Exhaust Manifold
8. Tighten exhaust manifold mounting cap screws to 47
C--Front Exhaust Manifold
Nm (35 lb-ft).