Air Intake and Exhaust System
IMPORTANT: If turbocharger failed because of foreign
material entering the air intake system,
be sure to examine the system and
clean as required to prevent a repeat
On 6081A engines, visually inspect the
aftercooler and clean if necessary. Oil
may have accumulated from the failed
If not previously done, prime (prelube) turbocharger
rotating assembly prior to installing turbocharger on
engine. Prelube center housing with clean engine oil
through oil return (drain) hole as shown. Turn rotating
NOTE: Two threaded guide studs may be used to hold
turbocharger-to-exhaust manifold gasket in place
and aid in turbocharger installation.
1. Put a new gasket on turbocharger-to-exhaust manifold
mounting surface (not shown).
2. Position turbocharger against gasket on exhaust
3. Apply PT569 NEVER-SEEZ Compound to all
turbocharger mounting cap screws. Install cap screws
and tighten to 24 Nm (18 lb-in.)
NOTE: Remove all caps or plugs from turbocharger
4. Install turbocharger oil return (drain) tube (B) using a
new gasket. Tighten cap screws to 34 Nm (25 lb-ft).
5. Connect oil line (A) to elbow adapter and tighten
6. If equipped, connect wastegate diaphragm hose. (If
replacing hose, cut to length from roll furnished by
NEVER-SEEZ is a trademark of Emhart Chemical Group.
Continued on next page