UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 330LCR
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
Grease Swing Bearing
WARNING: Prevent possible injury from
unexpected machine movement if another
person moves controls. One person must do
lubricating swing bearing and rotating the
upperstructure. Before you lubricate swing
bearing, clear area of all personnel.
(1) Park machine on level surface.
(2) Lower bucket to the ground.
(3) Turn auto-idle switch off.
CAUTION: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
(4) Run engine with engine rpm dial at 1/3 position
without load for 2 minutes.
(5) Move engine rpm dial to slow idle position.
(6) Turn key switch to OFF position. Remove key
(7) Attach a "Do Not Operate" tag on the right
(8) Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked
(9) Lubricate swing bearing with 10 shots of grease
at both grease fittings (see Fuels and
(10) Start engine. Raise bucket several inches off the
ground and rotate the upperstructure 45 degrees.