Maintenance & Service Manual
R & HR32000 3 & 6 Speed LD
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS OF NEW NON-METALLIC SEALING RINGS
Proper oil sealing ring (piston ring) installation procedures. Refer to the appropriate transmission
maintenance and service manual for disassembly, cleaning, inspection and reassembly.
1. Fill the oil sealing ring grooves with a good grade of grease, this will help stabilize the sealing ring
in the ring groove for installation.
2. Carefully position the piston ring on the shaft in the inner most ring groove. Hook the piston ring
3. Repeat steps 1, and 2 for the remaining ring or rings making certain all hook joints are fastened
4. Apply a heavy coat of grease to the outer diameter of the rings and shaft. Center the piston rings
in the ring groove.
5. When installing the clutch assembly in the transmission case it is recommended a piston ring
sle eve P/N's 24 1309 , 23 7576 , 23 5314 or 2486 94 be u s ed to cen t er a ll of the p isto n rings
in their respective ring grooves. Use extreme caution to not damage piston ring when installing
the clutch shaft in the transmission case, or when installing the converter housing or front cover
on the clutch shafts.