Cylinder Head and Valves
REMOVE VALVE ASSEMBLY
Refer to PRELIMINARY CYLINDER HEAD AND VALVE
CHECKS, earlier in this group as valves are removed
IMPORTANT: Identify all usable parts for correct
reassembly in same location as
1. Compress valve spring using JDE138 Valve Spring
Compressor (A) as shown.
2. Remove retaining locks (B) using a small magnet.
Removing Valve Assemblies
4. Remove valve spring cap (D) and valve spring (C).
D--Valve Spring Caps
5. Remove oil shield (A) from exhaust valves. Remove
valve (B) from cylinder head. Identify valve for
reassembly, if valve is to be reused.
NOTE: Intake valves do not have stem seals.
6. Repeat procedure on remaining valves.