IMPORTANT: NEVER operate injection pump without
engine lubricating oil in pump housing.
Doing so may cause damage to internal
pump rotating parts.
17. Remove oil fill plug (A) and add enough clean engine
oil until oil comes out fill hole. Engine should be level
when checking oil level. Tighten plug to 25 Nm (18
NOTE: On Nippondenso "A" pumps, oil fill plug is on top
of pump housing. Add 1/2 pint of clean engine oil.
Adding Oil to Pump Housings
18. Also add clean engine oil to pump rear governor
housing by removing plug (B) at top. Add 0.1 Liter
(1/5 quart). Tighten plug to 40 Nm (30 lb-ft).
19. Service fuel filter and water separator as needed.
20. Bleed fuel system. (See BLEED THE FUEL SYSTEM,
in Group 105 of CTM134.)
21. Connect throttle linkage to pump. To check fast and
slow idle speeds, refer to Group 105 of CTM134.