3. Disconnect fuel delivery lines from injection nozzles.
4. Disconnect fuel leak-off line from injection nozzle
Lift injection line assembly from engine.
5. Remove packing (C) and line nuts (B) from each
leak-off connector. Discard packing.
6. Remove leak-off connector (A) with O-ring from each
Removing Nozzle Leak-off Connectors
NOTE: The socket portion of JDE92 Nozzle Wrench (A)
may be used to remove nozzles from cylinder
7. If JDE92 Nozzle Wrench is not used, use a 24 mm
(15/16-in.) deep socket on nozzles gland nut to remove
nozzles. Gland nut will act as a jack screw to raise
nozzle out of cylinder head bore. Remove hardened
steel washer from injection nozzle bore if it does not
come out with nozzle.
8. To prevent debris from entering combustion chamber
Removing Injection Nozzles
after nozzles are removed, insert a 12.7 mm (1/2 in.)
hardwood dowel in nozzle bore.