REMOVE FLYWHEEL HOUSING
1. Remove flywheel. (See REMOVE FLYWHEEL earlier
in this group.)
2. Remove starter if desired (see Group 40). Starter and
flywheel housing may be removed as an assembly.
3. Remove crankshaft real oil seal as described earlier in
CAUTION: The flywheel housing is heavy. Plan
a proper handling procedure to avoid injuries.
A--SAE 2, 3 and 4 Housing
B--Standard Flat Housing
4. Remove flywheel housing-to-cylinder block cap screws
C--Special Flat Housing
and flywheel housing-to-oil pan cap screws. Remove
flywheel housing from block.
NOTE: Illustration shows three different types of flywheel
SAE 2, 3, and 4 housings (A).
Standard flat housings (B).
Special flat housings (C).
REMOVE CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS
1. Drain oil from engine crankcase and remove oil pan.
(See Group 20.)
2. Remove timing gear cover and front plate. (See Group
3. Remove flywheel housing. (See Group 15.)
4. Remove connecting rods from crankshaft. (See Group
Continued on next page