INSTALL CRANKSHAFT REAR OIL SEAL
AND WEAR SLEEVE
IMPORTANT: No lubrication of any kind is to contact
seal when installing. Use of a lubricant
may result in premature seal failure.
Install seal and wear sleeve assembly
immediately after removal from plastic
bag to avoid possible dirt
1. Clean OD of crankshaft flange and ID of wear sleeve
with trichloroethylene or equivalent just prior to
application of sealant. Make sure that OD of crankshaft
flange and ID of seal housing bore are free from nicks
2. The oil seal/wear sleeve assembly can be installed
using JT30040 or KCD10002 Installer Set.
INSTALL REAR OIL SEAL/WEAR SLEEVE USING
1. Install JT30041A Pilot (A) from the JT30040B Seal and
Wear Sleeve Installer Set on end of crankshaft using
two socket-head cap screws. Tighten both cap screws
until they touch base of pilot then back them off
approximately 1/2 turn.
2. Install JT30042 Driver over JT30041A Pilot until driver
cross-plate bottoms on pilot. This will properly center
pilot with crankshaft flange.
NOTE: It may be necessary to lift up on pilot to install
driver to full depth over pilot and crankshaft
3. Tighten two pilot socket head cap screws (B) securely.
Remove driver from pilot.
Continued on next page