INCONSISTENT CHATTER OR NO CHATTER
A nozzle which during test had spotty chatter or showed
definite signs of sticking accompanied by low return
leakage, may be corrected by polishing the valve guide
area as follows:
1. Place a small amount of nozzle lapping compound on
the nozzle valve in guide area only. DO NOT use any
other compound for this purpose.
2. Slide valve into body (A).
IMPORTANT: Never attempt to rotate the valve in a
motor driven chuck for this purpose.
3. Grip top of the valve with retractor (B) and rotate valve
in the guide by turning retractor. The amount of lapping
required can be accomplished in 10--20 turns by
hand. The valve should be raised and lowered in the
guide every 3--4 revolutions and direction of rotation
changed for best results.
4. Wash nozzle body and valve thoroughly in clean fuel
Seat leakage may be caused by dirt, carbon or fuel
deposits in valve area. Inspect valve seat and clean as
1. Apply a small amount of lapping compound to valve tip
and insert valve in nozzle body.
2. Gripping valve with retractor, rotate valve 3 to 5 turns
to clean up seat.
3. Wash valve and nozzle body thoroughly in clean fuel.