Removal and Installation
1. Apply PT569 NEVER-SEEZ Lubricant to gland nut
threads and nozzle barrel (arrows). Be sure that
NEVER-SEEZ lubricant was also applied to inside
bore of gland nut during assembly.
NOTE: Applying NEVER-SEEZ Lubricant at these
locations will help prevent possible seizure of
gland nut to holder body.
2. Install a new special steel washer (A) on tip end of
assembled injection nozzle.
IMPORTANT: Do not intermix injection nozzles of
different suppliers or different tip sizes
within a single engine.
3. Insert injection nozzle into cylinder head. Turn gland
nut by hand to make sure it is threaded straight in
4. Use outer socket JDE92 Nozzle Socket and turn gland
nut down to remove most of the looseness.
NEVER-SEEZ is a trademark of Emhart Chemical Group.
5. Rotate nozzle holder so hole for leak-off connector
threads (A) are facing straight out from cylinder head.
A--Leak-Off Connector Threads
Continued on next page