The engine and transmission assembly weighs approximately 1 ton (907 kg). To avoid the possibility
of personal injury, loss of life, and the destruction of the vehicle, only a qualified person using
certified lifting equipment is to carry out slinging operations involving the IHMEE. Failure to comply
may result in injury or death to personnel.
(56) Install lifting eye on transmission.
(57) Attach adjustable sling with capacity suitable for combined weight of engine and transmission to engine and
transmission lifting eyes.
(58) Use lifting device and adjustable sling, remove weight from engine and transmission mounts.
(59) Remove elbow and hose in front of left transmission mount.
(60) Remove two self-locking nuts (48), washers (49), and bolts (50) from transmission mounts (51). Discard
mounts from transmission. Discard
(62) Remove bolt (52) and washer (53) from
engine mount (54).
Carefully maneuvering without causing
further damage to equipment.
(63) Carefully lift engine and transmission
assembly out of engine bay.